Monday, September 19, 2016

BEGINNING TO A NEW LIFE

Hello family and friends! I hope your week was as good as mine was. Here's my week. Sorry to the friends that want sketchy story's or something like that haha not much this week ;)

Wednesday- We went to a investigators house and they weren't there, but we knocked on like 7 apartment doors and a family let us in to give them a lesson! Way cool besides the fact I flipping couldn't understand half the words said but it was way cool :) Then later that night I balled against this little dude for like 30 min at the church. Sadly he beat me hahaha I mean I let him but it was fun ;)

Thursday- I woke up way sick I had the worst cough ever.  We stayed in the house for a lot of the day. Went to the doctor and got some meds (which haven't helped for poop). Then we did some basketball proselytizing that was way fun! Then went to bed haha.

Friday- we met with a part member family and it was the coolest thing being on the opposite side of the room. Like it's weird seeing someone where I was just 3 years ago. It was awesome. This little mans name is Elijah freakin homie! Gave him a Book of Mormon he loves it.  Then we
went and talked to people on the street we probably shared our message with about 40 people and I talked to only 8 :) this lady says to me "I'm Catholic I'm fine" with fetchin super sass and I was like "oh okay" I hecka froze hahaha I suck :) Then that night we had thee most ghetto dinner ever Mac 'n cheese with a sunny side up egg on top hahahaha.

Saturday- Was our service day! Such an amazing experience. We had to help prepare all this food for the homeless and the less fortunate. I was a runner so I got to help the people that were disabled. First
person I helped was a blind old man it was awesome haha. Then this old lady was speaking creole and she didn't speak any English so I helped her pick out her food. Then I helped her to car (btw this time we're speaking creole and I'm ballin out) I take it to her car then she grabs my hand and kisses it and says "mesi, mesi, mesi" That means thank you. I was like okay dope hahaha. Then we were walking in a rougher part of town and these gangster bros were like "look what we got, we got the saints" well not gonna like in my head I was like am I gonna get jumped? Or what? Nope just nice humans hahaha.

Sunday-My first Sunday here in New York and lemme tell ya church is nothing like it is in Utah. Honestly way cool tho.  A little girl was getting baptized after church and the mother comes up to us 15 min before Sacrament starts and asks us to put a program together and prepare the Baptismal Font. So we didn't even really sit in sacrament hahaha. She gave us a paper with the opening and closing prayers, and opening closing hymns hahaha. Well she didn't put the 2 speakers needed so being the super missionaries we are we filled those spots, Elder Mariteragi conducted, I gave a talk on baptism I shared my conversion story little girl loved hehehe, and Elder Robinson gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Went way good actually.  Them came back and packed to get ready to move to Brooklyn this week!

This week has been amazing! I have learned so much. It's awesome being companions with a kid that's been out for 2 years and a kid that's been out for a year. I've gained a lot of their knowledge! So I'm in Jamaica, Queens right now but I leave to Brooklyn Tuesday. I head to the mission home tonight for a sleep over. I'm excited :)

 Well Mwen Konnen legliz la vre. Mwen kontan anpil. Mwen renmen sa m'ap fe la!


Translation just for Gpa "I know the church is true. I'm very happy. I love what I'm doing!"

Here's some pics of my week!

Service!

District meeting! First time way fun

This was just a fun night with some members talking about who's better Kobe or LeBron haha

My loving companions hahaha :)

My homie Richard man straight homie



No comments:

Post a Comment