Tuesday, November 15, 2016

FIRST STAKE CONFERENCE

Well family and friends here I am I again tellin ya about my week but this time we have a new president Trumpy trump. I don't really give a care bout politics especially now that I'm a missionary, but I do wanna say one thing. Complaining about how he was elected literally won't change anything just make you look bad hahaha. Okay now back to more important things like myself.

Tuesday- man oh man we had district meeting and the zone leaders brought one of the young men his names ramen deffs not his name but like don't remember it. Anyways after they pawned him off on us and we were going to teach Warner which wasn't the best guy for him to come teaching with but it went a lot better than expected so that was good :) Good ol God the home boy tested our faith this night. We had a goal to talk to 30 people and teach 1 street lesson. Well we got to 29 people and didn't teach a lesson so I was getting annoyed and was like ok I'm counting down from 15 sec then talking to somebody and we're leaving well that person wanted nothing to do with us. Then the 31st person was awesome! He was a Haitian guy super interested and we got his number! 

Wednesday- we had exchanges and I was with Elder Jeppson total homie love him. We went and taught Warner again hahaha this time his closing prayer he goes "god I'm 65 years old and the woman are flocking to me so please keep them comin" literally almost just died mid prayer. Then went and taught this part member Haitian family. So like Jeppson doesn't speak creole so I was all by myself. We taught the plan of salvation Jeppson nodded his head at everything so it went pretty good. 

Thursday- so my awesome comp and I were walking past these 10 Muslim guys standing taking and I go "you ain't down to talk to them?" He goes "bro I'm so down" so he went and talked to them gave them all a card hahahaha I don't think they liked it but it was good!

Friday- Robinson and I went and did some bible drop offs and the people we went to were like "we aren't interested" and I'm like then why in the flip flop did you order the dang bible you ding face. Anyways on our way to the last house we saw swings and I was like bro let's go swing on some swings we deserve it. So we swung for like 10 min. Super satisfying hahaha you'd only know If you were a missionary hahahaha. Then we went on this street literally sentispri orevwa which means goodbye Holy Ghost hahaha. It was so creepy oh my gosh. We made it out alive tho.

Saturday- did some more bible drop offs then had this adult stake conference went pretty good. I heard something I really liked. The gospel is like playing an instrument you can practice once a week and ya you'll progress but you'll plateau at a certain point. In order to become the best of your ability you most practice at opportunity you have. So like the gospel ya you can go to church every Sunday but if you don't follow and practice it you won't learn as much. You need to always live it not just once a week. Ya feel?! Loved it.

Sunday- stake conference went way good! Me, Elder Robinson, and Elder Saintran translated in creole way cool. Then we just talked to people on the street and stuff! Haha the temple president was there and his wife at stake conference. His wife comes up to me, feels my hair and goes "is this mission appropriate?" I go "umm my mission president hasn't said anything so I think it's okay" she goes "well honey don't be a rebellious missionary" and in my head I'm like am I bout to swing on the temple presidents wife? Lolz jk way wouldn't do that but I was thinking it hahaha. 

Well there's my week! Love you all :) don't forget to email me, here's some pics!

Elde Wa






No comments:

Post a Comment